Wednesday, July 29, 2009

What have I learned?

So far, this blogging class has taught me the potential that blogs can serve in the regular classroom. I definitely want to use blogs in my theatre classroom this fall as a way to collaborate and communicate. Perhaps I could use it to communicate to my students while on maternity leave as well. :-)

Starting this blog was easier than I thought and I appreciated learning from how other teachers used blogs. For example, http://coolcatteacher.blogspot.com/ is a great constantly updated source of information that can help teachers read and discuss current ways technology can be used in the classroom. After doing a general search I found a student's blog about his theatre class at http://theaterclassblog.blogspot.com/. Although this was a student's blog, the entries he have are reflections of what was learned or discussed in class, which mirrors the kind of reflections I'd like to see as comments on my class blog.

I want my blog to be an extension of the classroom where students can reflect more in depth of what we talk about. It can also be a place for students to discuss different ideas while in the comfort of their home, which they may not otherwise feel comfortable to talk about or have an opportunity to discuss.

I definitely want to use this blog in my classroom as an extension of what's discussed in class and hopefully find some other cool blog features, like the avatar, to enhance it even more.

No comments:

Post a Comment